We’re just like you. We believe that solar energy production for our homes, businesses, and cities is a win-win proposition for job creation and a cleaner environment.
A&R Solar is a leading solar installer in the Pacific Northwest, bringing together passionate, talented people who want to do the right thing for our customers and the environment. With industry firsts like B-Corporation status, charitable solar programs, and our 10-year performance guarantee, we believe that investment in our staff and our communities is the new standard. Be a part of a fun team that is committed to the growth of all employees.
The A&R Commercial Solar Developer (CSD) is a highly motivated sales professional with a background in technical, financial or mechanical products. Quite simply, they have grit, drive, and motivation to see more solar in our built environment. This position is directly responsible for shaping the growth and profitability of the company. Successful CSD’s are comfortable developing a robust pipeline of solar + storage clients and seeing agreements through. The ideal candidate for this position has an entrepreneurial spirit, is a self-starter with strong interpersonal skills and whose passions and values align with those of A&R Solar.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Maintain focus on Business-to-Business (B2B) engagements, seeking agreements directly with company owners or officers.
• Relentlessly self-generate commercial opportunities using company-outlined campaign methods in focused vertical markets .
• Build trust and rapport with prospective customers.
• Manage the sales life cycle including initial contact, lead qualification, determining client needs, conducting site assessments, finance arrangements, pro-formas, pricing, contracts, and negotiation.
• Provide excellent post-sale handoffs to the Project team to ensure implementation success.
• Maintain Salesforce CRM records and other digital records as required.
• Continuously engage with the Commercial Sales Manager and Director of Sales to increase pipeline and activity visibility to increase collaboration and organizational support of your work.
• Provide feedback and assistance to the Marketing Director in refining marketing materials for B2B clientele.
• Attend industry related networking functions to expand A&R’s presence within identified vertical markets.
• Frequent travel to customer sites throughout Oregon and SW Washington, occasional out of state trips for conferences and occasional trips to Seattle, WA headquarters.
• Meet and exceed quarterly quota of 125kW.
• Take pride in your work.
• Employ urgency in all customer-related activities to increase the likelihood of success.
• Uphold A&R values and maintain composure as an outward-facing representative.
• Thrive in a work environment not fully developed and sometimes chaotic.
• Be a self-starter, work independently and make best use of your time.
• Become a key team member of A&R Solar while participating in company culture and striving to achieve work-life balance.
• Continually seek ways to contribute to better processes resulting in a better sales experience for customers and employees alike.
• Always maintain curiosity leading to better domain expertise and sales techniques.
• Actively participate in building performance expectations with management to best facilitate your growth.
• Engage with your teammates with empathy, respect, and belief that cooperation leads to more happiness and material success.
● Three years of solar (or closely related) B2B sales experience.
● High School diploma or equivalent.
● Completed college level coursework.
● Must maintain a current driver’s license.
● Reliable and presentable transportation, including the ability to carry a ladder (mileage reimbursed).
● Flexibility, ability, and willingness to meet with potential customers in the evening and on weekends as necessary.
● Must be able to climb ladders and take measurements on various types of roofs when deemed safe.
● SEI (Solar Energy International) or equivalent training
● NABCEP certification(s)
ABOUT A&R SOLAR
A&R Solar is a leading solar installer in the Pacific Northwest with a seasoned team of solar professionals. Since our founding in 2007, we have successfully installed over 3,500 solar arrays and 40 megawatts of clean energy including several landmark solar projects around the region.
We proudly operate as an employee-owned B-Corporation (B-Corp) and WA Social Purpose Corporation (SPC). We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer celebrating our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. When we think about our company, we recognize that our culture is the sum of our people – and each new team member adds to the richness of our company. We don’t expect you to fit a mold; we hope that you will add something new, even as we all pursue a common mission.
Our full-time staff includes 48 employee owners and over 110 full-time employees, all with future ownership opportunities. Our customer base includes homeowners, small businesses, elementary schools, multinational companies, electric utilities and, of course, many of our own employees. We've also been voted one of Puget Sound Business Journal’s Best Workplaces and Washington’s Fastest Growing Companies. Learn more about our company.
View our other open positions.
Your application was submitted successfully.