We’re just like you. We believe that solar energy production for our homes, businesses, and cities is a win-win proposition for job creation and a cleaner environment.
A&R Solar is a leading solar installer in the Pacific Northwest, bringing together passionate, talented people who want to do the right thing for our customers and the environment. With industry firsts like B-Corporation status, charitable solar programs, and our 10-year performance guarantee, we believe that investment in our staff and our communities is the new standard. Be a part of a fun team that is committed to the growth of all employees.
We have an opportunity for a Residential Project Manager (RPM) who is responsible for delivering successful residential solar projects from start to finish. To do so, the RPM will coordinate all facets of a project to ensure it runs smoothly and is delivered on time and on budget. The RPM must ensure that the client’s requirements are met while striving to exceed their expectations every step of the way. The ideal candidate is a technical thinker that has incredible problem-solving skills, is a self-starter who communicates well with customers and team members.
POSITION LOCATED IN SEATTLE.
Key Responsibilities of the Project Manager:
- Project Handoff
- Review and capture all relevant information during handoff from sales to project team
- Recognize special equipment needs or service requests requiring early coordination
- Determine preliminary installation date for project schedule
- Communicate timeline with customer
- Project Documentation
- Work with internal departments to ensure generation of all installation documents and customer paperwork 3-4 weeks prior to scheduled installation date
- Assist admin team with permitting and/or engineering requirements as needed
- Verify that all necessary equipment and materials will arrive in advance of project start date
- Record and update all relevant project data in Salesforce, Sitecapture and Dropbox
- Installation Team Management
- Directly coordinate the weekly activities of two to three dedicated residential installation teams
- Optimize the scheduling of projects based on geography, strengths and experience of crew, and other factors
- Serve as first point of contact for your installation teams
- Participate in safety, product, and installation training programs to stay up to date on methods & means. .
- Ensure highest safety precautions are adhered to by all members of installation team
- Verify that project can be completed as designed or adjust as needed
- Inspect existing roof, site and electrical components
- Educate customer about what to expect before, during, and after installation
- Coordinate with contractors and subcontractors, if need be
- Adjust final schedule as needed to accommodate customer preferences or for internal reasons
- Maintain direct contact with customer during installation and strive to exceed their expectations
- Ensure install team creates and follows a Site Specific Safety Plan
- Monitor and direct the progress of the installation to complete projects on or ahead of schedule
- Promptly investigate and take appropriate action for any onsite accidents, delays, or damage
- Coordinate inspections with local jurisdictions and utilities
- Analyze job performance figures and provide insights for accounting and management teams
- Ensure the customer is satisfied with their installation and has received a walkthrough on its operation
- Continuously improve processes to maximize customer experience and optimize project performance
- Verify that all information is accurate and current within Salesforce, Sitecapture, and Dropbox
- Collaborate across all departments to ensure complete handoff of all closeout docs, final payments and O&M manuals
What the Successful Candidates Will Have:
- 1+ year Project Management /Construction Management experience.
- Solar experience is preferred.
- Electrical experience is a big plus.
- Extremely strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Excellent time management skills and self-motivated to independently manage own workload
- Solid interpersonal skills, enjoyment of working with a variety of different people and departments
- Knowledge of techniques, tools, and principals for developing technical plans, construction drawings, and models
- Strong computer skills, including Gmail, Dropbox, Salesforce CRM, SketchUp, MS Word, and MS Excel
- Clean driving record and reliable vehicle for site visits
- Desire for company-wide efficiency, productivity, and harmony
REQUIRED LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Must maintain a current driver’s license
- OSHA 10 Certification. (OSHA 30 required within 12 months)
- NABCEP Certification preferred
- Health, dental, vision, disability insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Matching 401(k) retirement plan
- Recreational/gym annual stipend
- Educational assistance
- Flexible work schedule, including option to work remotely
- Public transit & clean transportation stipend
ABOUT A&R SOLAR
A&R Solar is a leading solar installer in the Pacific Northwest with a seasoned team of solar professionals. Since our founding in 2007, we have successfully installed over 3,000 solar arrays and 33 megawatts of clean energy including several landmark solar projects around the region.
We proudly operate as an employee-owned B-Corporation (B-Corp) and WA Social Purpose Corporation (SPC). We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer celebrating our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. When we think about our company, we recognize that our culture is the sum of our people – and each new team member adds to the richness of our company. We don’t expect you to fit a mold; we hope that you will add something new, even as we all pursue a common mission.
We excited to learn about you! Here's some more information about us.