We’re just like you. We believe that solar energy production for our homes, businesses, and cities is a win-win proposition for job creation and a cleaner environment.
A&R Solar is a leading solar installer in the Pacific Northwest, bringing together passionate, talented people who want to do the right thing for our customers and the environment. With industry firsts like B-Corporation status, charitable solar programs, and our 10-year performance guarantee, we believe that investment in our staff and our communities is the new standard. Be a part of a fun team that is committed to the growth of all employees.
The A&R Solar Design Consultant (SDC) is a highly motivated sales professional with a background in technical, financial or mechanical products. They have grit, drive, and motivation to see more solar and battery storage in our neighborhoods. Successful SDC’s at A&R are comfortable building relationships, asking smart questions, educating prospects on technical and financial concepts, highlighting solar + battery benefits, and closing contracts with quality hand-offs to our design and project teams.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Know the solar industry and understand the products we offer on a technical level.
• Manage the entire sales life cycle including initial contact, lead qualification, determining client product needs, and conducting site assessments.
• Build trust and rapport with prospective customers.
• Qualify prospects through the use of consultative, value based selling methods.
• Develop relationships and close deals via company-provided leads.
• Generate referrals by reaching back to existing customers.
• Attend trade shows and other A&R Solar related events.
• Perform various calculations to aid in PV and Battery system design.
• Meticulously maintain Salesforce CRM records and other digital records.
• Engage in other actions and assignments as appropriate including some light marketing and outreach activities.
• Continually surpass sales quota of four (4) jobs per month.
• Take pride in your work.
• Employ urgency in all customer-related activities to increase the likelihood of success.
• Uphold A&R values and maintain composure as an outward-facing representative.
• Thrive in a market environment constantly evolving and sometimes chaotic.
• Be a self-starter, work independently and make the best use of your time.
• Become a key team member of A&R Solar while participating in company culture and striving to achieve work-life balance.
• Continually seek ways to contribute to better processes resulting in a better sales experience for customers and employees alike.
• Always maintain curiosity leading to better domain expertise and sales techniques.
• Actively participate in building performance expectations with management to best facilitate your growth.
• Engage with your teammates with empathy, respect, and belief that cooperation leads to more happiness and material success.
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Completed college level coursework.
• Must maintain a current driver’s license.
• Strong, reliable capabilities in using software systems (a test will be administered as part of the interview process)
• Reliable and presentable transportation, including the ability to carry a telescoping ladder (mileage reimbursed)
• Must be able to climb ladders and take measurements on various types of roofs.
• Flexibility, ability, and willingness to meet with potential customers throughout the state, in the evening and on weekends as necessary.
ABOUT A&R SOLAR
A&R Solar is a leading solar installer in the Pacific Northwest with a seasoned team of solar professionals. Since our founding in 2007, we have successfully installed over 3,000 solar arrays and 33 megawatts of clean energy including several landmark solar projects around the region.
We proudly operate as an employee-owned B-Corporation (B-Corp) and WA Social Purpose Corporation (SPC). We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer celebrating our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. When we think about our company, we recognize that our culture is the sum of our people – and each new team member adds to the richness of our company. We don’t expect you to fit a mold; we hope that you will add something new, even as we all pursue a common mission.
Our full-time staff includes 40 employee owners and over 90 full-time employees, all with future ownership opportunities. Our customer base includes homeowners, small businesses, elementary schools, multinational companies, electric utilities and, of course, many of our own employees. We've also been voted one of Puget Sound Business Journal’s Best Workplaces and Washington’s Fastest Growing Companies. Learn more about our company.
View our other open positions.
Your application was submitted successfully.