We’re just like you. We believe that solar energy production for our homes, businesses and cities is a win-win proposition for job creation and a cleaner environment.
A&R Solar is a leading solar installer in the Pacific Northwest, bringing together passionate, talented people who want to do the right thing for our customers and the environment. With industry firsts like B-Corporation status, charitable solar programs, and our 10-year performance guarantee, we believe that investment in our staff and our communities is the new standard.
Solar technicians attach the racking and solar panels to the roof or other structure, such as a ground mount, carport, or awning. You should be able to understand system design and layout, secure racking and solar panels according to plans, and troubleshoot issues related to the solar array. And here’s the big one–you can’t be afraid of heights!
Solar technicians work 10-hour days Monday - Thursday. Every week is a three day weekend.
- Working off of plans to complete designed installation
- Layout and assembly of array mounting hardware and infrastructure
- Installation of PV Modules and DC runs
- Installation of PV Balance of Systems and AC runs
- Communicate with clients and staff about progress of solar installation
- Move materials
- Roof work (CANNOT be afraid of heights)
- Maintain job site, truck, and warehouse cleanliness
- Pre-assemble components in the shop
- Attend continuing education classes on safety, installation practices, electrical code and theory
- Knowledge of residential electrical, building, and roofing systems
- Knowledge of the safe use of hand-held and power tools
- Experience working with various building and roofing materials
- Ability to work in extreme environments, e.g. hot sun, crawl spaces, wind and rain, etc
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Basic blueprint/schematic reading
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to take lead role on projects
- Customer service/communication skills
- Scheduling/planning skills
- Must have own hand tools and an operating vehicle
- Must maintain a current driver’s license
- OSHA 10 Certification required within 12 months
Want to learn a little more before you apply? Check out our benefits and a little more about A&R Solar.