The A&R Solar Design Consultant (SDC) is a highly motivated sales professional with a background in technical, financial or mechanical products. S/he has grit, drive, and motivation to see more solar and storage in our neighborhoods. Successful SDC’s at A&R are comfortable building relationships, asking smart questions, educating prospects on technical and financial concepts, highlighting solar + battery benefits, and closing contracts with quality hand-offs to our design and project teams.
ABOUT A&R SOLAR
A&R Solar is a leading solar installer in the Pacific Northwest with a seasoned team of solar professionals. Since our founding in 2007, we have successfully installed over 2,800 solar arrays and 30 megawatts of clean energy including several landmark solar projects around the region. We proudly operate an employee-owned B-Corporation. Our full-time staff includes 33 employee owners and over 85 full-time employees, all with future ownership opportunities. Our customer base includes homeowners, small businesses, elementary schools, multi-national companies, electric utilities and, of course, many of our own employees. We've also been voted one of Puget Sound Business Journal’s Best Workplaces and Washington’s Fastest Growing Companies. Be a part of a fun team that is committed to the growth of all employees. Learn more about our company.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Know the solar industry and understand the products we offer on a technical level.
• Manage the entire sales life cycle including initial contact, lead qualification, determining client product needs, and conducting site assessments.
• Build trust and rapport with prospective customers.
• Qualify prospects through the use of consultative, value based selling methods.
• Develop relationships and close deals via company-provided leads.
• Generate referrals by reaching back to existing customers.
• Attend trade shows and other A&R Solar related events.
• Perform various calculations to aid in PV and Battery system design.
• Meticulously maintain Salesforce CRM records and other digital records.
• Engage in other actions and assignments as appropriate including some light marketing and outreach activities.
• Continually surpass sales quota of four (4) jobs per month.
• Take pride in your work.
• Employ urgency in all customer-related activities to increase the likelihood of success.
• Uphold A&R values and maintain composure as an outward-facing representative.
• Thrive in a market environment constantly evolving and sometimes chaotic.
• Be a self-starter, work independently and make the best use of your time.
• Become a key team member of A&R Solar while participating in company culture and striving to achieve work-life balance.
• Continually seek ways to contribute to better processes resulting in a better sales experience for customers and employees alike.
• Always maintain curiosity leading to better domain expertise and sales techniques.
• Actively participate in building performance expectations with management to best facilitate your growth.
• Engage with your teammates with empathy, respect, and belief that cooperation leads to more happiness and material success.
• Two (two) years of solar sales experience.
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Completed college level coursework.
• Must maintain a current driver’s license.
• Reliable and presentable transportation, including the ability to carry a telescoping ladder (mileage reimbursed).
• Must be able to climb ladders and take measurements on various types of roofs.
• Flexibility, ability, and willingness to meet with potential customers throughout the state, in the evening and on weekends as necessary.
A&R Solar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer celebrating and encouraging diversity with our new and existing employees, which includes differences in race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. When we think about our company, we recognize that our culture is the sum of our employees – and each new team member adds to the richness of our work environment. It is our hope that each employee will add something new and unique, as we pursue our common mission.
Your application was submitted successfully.