We're A&R Solar, one of the largest and most respected solar installation companies in the Northwest. In business since 2007, we have just been named one of the region's best workplaces. We're employee owned (25 of us!) and a B Corporation. We love going to work everyday and doing our part to help shift the Northwest to clean, limitless energy.
But enough about us. Let's talk about you.
If you have a passion for sales, people, and the planet, we want to hear from you. But first, here's a little more about the role.
The A&R Solar Design Consultant (SDC) is a highly motivated sales professional with a technical, financial and/or mechanical background. H/She has grit, drive, and motivation to see more solar in our neighborhoods. Successful SDC’s at A&R are comfortable building relationships, asking smart questions, educating prospects on technical and financial concepts, highlighting solar benefits, and closing contracts with quality handoffs to our design and project teams.
SDC's are full-time employees with full benefits. To learn more about our excellent benefits, visit our Careers page.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Learn the solar industry and understand the products we offer on a technical level.
• Manage the entire sales life cycle including initial contact, lead qualification, determining client product needs, and conducting site assessments.
• Build trust and rapport with prospective customers.
• Qualify prospects through the use of consultative, value based selling methods.
• Develop relationships and close deals via company-provided leads.
• Attend trade shows and other A&R Solar related events.
• Generate additional revenue through networking and referrals.
• Other actions and assignments as appropriate including some light marketing and outreach activities.
• Perform various calculations to aid in PV system design.
• Meticulously maintain Salesforce CRM records and other digital records.
• Continually surpass sales quota of two (2) jobs per month.
• Take pride in your work.
• Employ urgency in all customer-related activities to increase the likelihood of success.
• Uphold A&R values and maintain composure as an outward-facing representative.
• Thrive in a market environment constantly evolving and sometimes chaotic.
• Be a self-starter, work independently and make the best use of your time.
• Become a key team member of A&R Solar while participating in company culture and striving to achieve work-life balance.
• Continually seek ways to contribute to better processes resulting in a better sales experience for customers and employees alike.
• Always maintain curiosity leading to better domain expertise and sales techniques.
• Actively participate in building performance expectations with management to best facilitate your growth.
• Engage with your teammates with empathy, respect, and belief that cooperation leads to more happiness and material success.
• Completed college level coursework.
• Must maintain a current driver’s license
• Reliable and presentable transportation, including the ability to carry a ladder (mileage reimbursed).
• Must be able to climb ladders and take measurements on various types of roofs.
• Flexibility, ability, and willingness to meet with potential customers throughout the state, in the evening and on weekends as necessary.